Owner’s manuals have schedules for preventive maintenance. Okotoks drivers can check on things like oil changes, transmission service and so on. They say you should change your oil every so many miles or after so many months. Okotoks drivers understand this very well. What they may not know is that there are actually two service schedules: the regular schedule and the severe service schedule. The mileage and time intervals are lower on the severe service schedule.
Now when you hear “severe service”, you may think it doesn’t apply to you because you don’t feel your driving conditions are severe or extreme – it’s just normal everyday driving. So let’s list some of the conditions that manufacturers classify as severe so that Okotoks drivers can make the judgment on their own driving.
• Most trips are less than four miles.
• Most trips are less than ten miles and outside Okotoks temperatures are below freezing
• You drive in very hot weather in AB
• Driving at low speed most of the time around the Okotoks area (under 55 mph)
• Stop and go driving
• Operating your vehicle in dusty, polluted or muddy Okotoks conditions
• You tow a trailer, regularly carry heavy loads or carry a car-top carrier
Most of us Okotoks drivers operate under severe driving conditions at least some of the time. How do we know which car maintenance schedule to follow?
Carefully think about your driving conditions and decide if you should do your preventive maintenance closer to the severe service recommendation or the regular recommendation. Of course, your MILLER AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR service advisor can help you with your decision.
Stop by or give us a call
MILLER AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR
193 Stockton Avenue
Okotoks, AB T1S 1B2
- See more at: http://millerautomotive.napasa.ca/2017/01/22/severe-driving-in-okotoks#sthash.sEWQbTuh.dpuf